This guide shows you how to automatically send your WooCommerce customers a thank you email after they purchase something from your store.
This allows you to:-
- Build a positive relationship with your customers.
- Appreciate your customers’ support.
- Make more sales by including a unique next-order coupon in the thank-you emails.
Automated thank-you emails are sent automatically after a customer makes a purchase, which means you don’t have to worry about remembering to send them manually. The emails can also be personalized with the customer’s name and other details, making them feel more valued and special.
And the best part is, you’ll be able to do all this for free, and without writing any line of code.
What You’ll Learn
- How to set up an automated WooCommerce thank-you email.
- How to personalize the email with your customers’ details.
- Tips to write the perfect thank you email.
You might also like:–
Noptin is a free and lightweight WooCommerce email marketing automation plugin. It can help you save time and make more sales at the same time.
Step 1: Create a new automated email
The first step is to create a new automated email.
To do this:-
First, log into your WordPress admin dashboard then click on Noptin Newsletter > Email Campaigns to open the email campaigns overview page.
Next, click on the Automated Emails tab at the top of this page to open the automated emails section.
Finally, click on the New Campaign button then select the type of campaign that you wish to create.
Depending on when you wish to send the thank you email, you can either set up an “Order Action” email or a “Product Purchase” email.
Order Action – Select this if you would like to send a thank-you email for all products in your WooCommerce store.
Product Purchase – Select this if the email should only send for a specific product.
Step 2: Set up the thank you email
After you create a new automated email, Noptin will open the email editor.
The editor allows you to:-
1. Set the thank-you email subject. Remember to keep it short and sweet.
2. Provide the email content. You can send a standard email using an email template, a RAW HTML email created using a drag-and-drop builder or a plain text email.
3. Set the email template. You can style your thank you emails to match other WooCommerce emails or use a different template.
4. Set the email recipient. This can be the customer that made the purchase or any other email address of your choosing.
5. Select the email timing. You can set the email to send out as soon as there’s a new order, or delay it for a given number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or even years.
6. Save the WooCommerce thank-you email. You can also set the email to only send out to new customers as well as send yourself a test email.
Bonus 2: Tips for crafting the perfect thank you email
Here are some tips for crafting a thoughtful and effective WooCommerce new order thank-you email:
- Start with a greeting. Begin your email with a greeting, such as “Dear [[customer.first_name]],” or “Hello [[customer.first_name]],”.
- Personalize the thank-you email with the customer’s name and order details
- Express your gratitude and be sure to use words like “thank you” or “grateful.”
- Include a coupon code or special offer as a token of appreciation
- Offer further assistance or support. If appropriate, let them know that you are available to assist them if needed.
- Use a closing and sign-off. End your email with a closing, such as “Sincerely,” or “Best regards,” followed by your name.
- Proofread and edit. Make sure to proofread and edit your email for spelling and grammar errors.
Bonus 1: Sample new order thank-you email
Below is a sample WooCommerce thank-you email. It displays important order details as well as providing the customer with a unique WooCommerce coupon code that they can use in their next purchase. The coupon code is dynamically generated to prevent misuse.
Hi [[customer.first_name]], Thank you for your purchase! We are excited to have you on board and to provide you with the best experience possible. As a token of our appreciation, we would like to offer you a special discount on your next purchase. Simply use the coupon code [[noptin_coupon_code]] at checkout to receive 40% off your next order. Your order details are as follows: [[order.details]] We will keep you updated on the status of your order and let you know as soon as it is shipped. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future. Sincerely, [Your Name]