While you can send email newsletters to all subscribers on your list, automation rules let you add enhanced marketing automation to your newsletter.
You can email someone a coupon code when they sign up for your newsletter or welcome first time customers on your WooCommerce store.
What is an Automation Rule?
An automation rule is a rule that acts on a given email subscriber whenever a specified trigger (condition) occurs.
It comprises of a single trigger and action. However, you can combine the actions and triggers any way you like.
- Someone signing up to your newsletter.
- A subscriber opening a given email.
- Someone clicking on a specific link in an email.
- Buying a given WooCommerce product.
- Making a new WooCommerce order.
- Joining an email list.
- Being removed from an email list.
- Sending the subscriber an email.
- Updating a subscriber’s custom field.
- Adding the subscriber to an email list.
- Removing the subscriber from an email list.
How to Create an Automation Rule
First, click on Noptin > Automation Rules to open the automation rules page…
… then click on the add new button to create a new rule.
Wait for Noptin to open the automation rule creation page…
… then select a trigger …
… and an action …
… for your rule then click on the Continue button to save the rule.
Noptin will save the rule then open the rule’s edit page.
Here, you can edit the trigger …
… and the action …
… then save your changes.
In the future, you can edit the rule by clicking on the name of the rule in the automation rules overview page.