While you can send email newsletters to all subscribers on your list, automation rules let you add enhanced marketing automation to your newsletter.
You can email someone a coupon code when they sign up for your newsletter or welcome first time customers on your WooCommerce store.
What is an Automation Rule? What is an Automation Rule?
An automation rule is a rule that acts on a given email subscriber whenever a specified trigger (condition) occurs.
It comprises of a single trigger and action. However, you can combine the actions and triggers any way you like.
- Someone signing up to your newsletter.
- A subscriber opening a given email.
- Someone clicking on a specific link in an email.
- Buying a given WooCommerce product.
- Making a new WooCommerce order.
- Joining an email list.
- Being removed from an email list.
- Sending the subscriber an email.
- Updating a subscriber’s custom field.
- Adding the subscriber to an email list.
- Removing the subscriber from an email list.
How to Create an Automation Rule How to Create an Automation Rule
First, click on Noptin > Automation Rules to open the automation rules page…
… then click on the add new button to create a new rule.
Wait for Noptin to open the automation rule creation page…
… then select a trigger …
… and an action …
… for your rule then click on the Continue button to save the rule.
Noptin will save the rule then open the rule’s edit page.
Here, you can edit the trigger …
… and the action …
… then save your changes.
In the future, you can edit the rule by clicking on the name of the rule in the automation rules overview page.