What Is Noptin?
Noptin, (pronounced nope-tin) is a WordPress plugin for building beautiful email subscription forms. Like the one on the right. 😉
Unlike other opt-in plugins, Noptin is designed from the ground up to be lightweight and easily extendible.
The core plugin is focused on collecting email addresses from your website visitors. You can then integrate Noptin with other tools and send marketing or promotional emails to the emails.
Before you can install Noptin, you need to have a WordPress website. If you don’t know what WordPress is, you might want to check it out first.
The easiest way to install Noptin is by using the WordPress plugin installer. This way, you can benefit from free automatic updates.
The installation process is simple:-
- Visit your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click on Plugins on the left sidebar to open the plugins overview screen.
- Click on the Add New button to open the plugin installation screen.
- Search for “Noptin” in the search box.
- Wait for the search results to load then find Noptin on the search results.
- Click on the Install button and wait for WordPress to install the plugin.
- After WordPress installs Noptin, click on the Activate button to activate the plugin.
That is all! You have successfully installed and activated Noptin on your WordPress website. You can now create your first opt-in form.
Creating your first email opt-in form
Creating a basic opt-in form is pretty easy.
- Click on Noptin->Add New on the left sidebar to create a new opt-in form and open it in the form editor.
- Give the form a name.
- Select the type of form.
- activate the form.
- Save form.
Your form is now active. If you created a popup form, you can visit the front-end of your website and see the form in action.
There is an additional step you need to take before widget and in-post forms can appear on the front-end.
Displaying Widget Forms On The Front-end
Noptin provides a widget for showing forms created using the Noptin Form Editor. It is called “Noptin Premade Form”.
To add the widget on your website:-
- Hover your mouse over the appearance menu the click on widgets.
- Drag the Noptin Premade Form widget to the widget area of your choice.
- Finally, select the form you want to show in that Widget area.
Note: Only sidebar forms will appear in the dropdown. The forms will obey all the display rules you set for the form.
Embedding In-Post Forms Inside Post Content
You can use shortcodes to embed in-post forms anywhere that supports WordPress shortcodes.
You can view the shortcode of an in-post form below the specific form inside the Form Editor. Copy and paste it into your post content to embed the form.
Note that you can also use the Editor to set the form to be automatically embedded before or/and after post content. Noptin will automatically embed the form on post content matching the display rules that you set for your form.
Viewing Email Subscribers
You can view and download all your email subscribers via the subscribers’ overview page.
Click on Noptin, locate then click the view all subscribers link to open the subscribers’ overview page.
Click on the Import button to download all your subscribers in CSV format then export them into your favorite email service provider.