What Is Noptin?
Noptin, (pronounced nope-tin) is the best email marketing plugin for WordPress. 😉
Unlike other WordPress newsletter plugins, Noptin is designed from the ground up to be lightweight and easy to extend.
In fact, Noptin is so fast that its memory use is almost half of our second-fastest competitor.
|Email Subscribers & Newsletters||546.38 KiB|
|Newsletters Lite||3.5 MiB|
Data collected from plugintests.com on 4th January 2020
This guide shows you how to install and set up Noptin.
The easiest way to install Noptin is by using the WordPress plugin installer. This way, you can benefit from free automatic updates.
The installation process is simple:-
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard then go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “Noptin” in the search box then click on the install button next to the first result.
- After WordPress installs Noptin, click on the Activate button to activate the plugin.
That is all! You have successfully installed and activated Noptin on your WordPress website. You can now create your first opt-in form.
Creating your first email opt-in form
Noptin supports three different types of newsletter forms:-
And Widget Forms
How to add an opt-in form inside your post content
The easiest way to add an opt-in form inside your post content is by using the Newsletter Opt-in Block.
Note: This method of creating an opt-in form only works if you are writing your post via the new WordPress editor.
To do that:-
- Open your post (or custom post type) in the new WordPress editor.
- Click on the + icon to add a new block.
- Search for newsletter then click on the Newsletter Optin block.
This will create a subscription form that looks like this:-
Even though you can change the texts and colors, this method of creating a newsletter subscription form does not allow for much customization. That is why Noptin comes with a state of the art live Opt-in forms editor.
This editor allows you to create a form then automatically embed it before/after your content. You can also embed the form anywhere else on your website using a shortcode.
To create a form using the editor:-
- Click on Noptin > Email Forms to open the forms overview screen.
- Next, click on the Add New button to create a new opt-in form.
- Noptin will create a new form and open it in the opt-in forms editor. You can use the sidebar to make any changes to your form then publish it.
The most important thing is to decide how you would like to display your email subscription form. This can be set in the Basic Options of the Settings tab.
If you select the “Displayed in a popup” option, Noptin will automatically display your opt-in form on the front end as soon as you publish it. You do not need to take any extra steps.
If you select the “Embedded in a post” option, you will have two ways of displaying your form on the front-end.
- Using the shortcode shown below the form.
- Automatically adding it before or after your post content. This can be enabled by selecting an option in the dropdown that appears below this setting.
The third option is to display your Opt-in form inside a widget.
Displaying Widget Forms On The Front-end
Noptin provides a widget for showing forms created using the Opt-in Forms Editor. It is called “Noptin Premade Form”.
To add the widget on your website:-
- In your WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance > Widgets.
- Drag the Noptin Premade Form widget to the widget area of your choice.
- Finally, select the form you want to show in that Widget area then click on the Done button.
Note: Only widget forms will appear in the dropdown.
If you would rather not use the Opt-in Forms editor to create your email subscription widget, you can use the Noptin New Form widget to quickly create and display a new form. However, such forms won’t benefit from advanced features such as conditional display rules.
Now that you have added various opt-in forms to your website, it is time to check if people are actually subscribing.
Viewing Email Subscribers
You can view and export all your email subscribers via the subscribers’ overview page. To open this page, click on Noptin > Email Subscribers.
This page contains a paginated list of your subscribers. You can click on any subscriber’s email address to view more details about the subscriber.
What use is there to have a list of subscribers if you cannot contact them. Luckily, Noptin provides two ways to contact your subscribers.
First, you can use an addon to connect your email service provider and then automatically send new subscribers to your email service provider.
The second method is to use our built-in newsletter feature.
Emailing your subscribers
You can email your subscribers via the Noptin > Email Campaigns page. Simply click on the Compose new email button then compose and send your email.
Noptin will then send your email and show you the count of people who received the email, opened it or clicked on any link in the email.
That’s all you need to know about Noptin. Next, you can go ahead and learn more about our email opt-in forms.